Monday 10 July 2017

TRAINING WHEELS

MENS TRAINER AND SUIT COMBO


What I adore about the wonderful world of fashion is there are no rules anymore. With summer clearly over in Melbourne, I like to dwell in the past and resurrect one of the looks I enjoyed from last Summer. Of course I am talking about the Suit-Trainer ensemble. One of my favourite and easiest looks too style. This is by no means a Jerry Seinfield denim and trainers story!

Thanks to the big fashion houses leading the way with remaking the trainer and branding them to within an inch of their life via bright colours, signature monograms, embellishments, there has never been a better time to dress down a suit and still remain stylish.
I am not one to confirm to a uniform at work but still want to achieve chic, clean and classy looks that are required when working within the sector I do. 

MELBOURNE STREET STYLE SUIT WITH TRAINERS

Whatever your budget maybe, you can achieve this look. You will find similar no name shoes at some of the biggest variety stores across the country for next to nicks! Of course your trusty kicks that you wear to the gym or from your recent marathon will not help you achieve pulling off this modern look. 

HOW TO WEAR SUIT WITH TRAINERS

As always you know I am a dress for purpose person. It is always important to consider the occasion you’ll be sporting this look for, or any look for that matter. I like to wear this look to work or out for dinner with friends. It's chic and simple to achieve and is super comfortable.
For my friends out there who love to wear lots of black (there are many of you ) using statement trainers in a bright colour against a monochromatic ensemble works particularly well. Furthermore for a casual look  chinos and an untucked shirt with trainers is a perfect casual look. Other options are  

ADIDAS SUPERSTARS WITH SUITS

You do not need to stick to a white trainer! Embrace a print or strong colour, and remember if they are white, look after them. No one enjoys a white shoe that is not clean!
Personally I like to stick to a slim fit suit and pair with trainers that pop or in contrasting colours. 

The biggest question I am asked is should I wear socks with a suit or go sockless? Honestly, I hate socks being shown unless it is completely intentional and they are a focus point for your ensemble. The second question then is "Don't your shoes stink?".
It is like people have never heard of sockettes!

What do you think of this style?

Suit: BrigginsShirt: Bell & BarnettShoes: Adidas


No comments:

Post a Comment